I did very little to change this recipe from the original except reduce the amounts because i had only 2 bananas at my disposal. I forgot to reduce the cooking time accordingly however which meant my bread burnt ever so slightly (as you can see from the picture). Other than that the bread is exactly as it was written in the original recipe and I'm assured it's delicious. My friend told me she couldn't stop eating it, which can only be a good thing. So try it yourself, and enjoy! It's so easy!
Cinnamon Swirl Banana Bread
Ingredients - For the bread
3 over-ripe bananas, mashed
3oz melted butter
1 egg, beaten
1tsp bicarbonate soda
for the swirl
- Preheat oven to 180C, butter and flour a loaf tin.
- Mix bananas, butter, sugar, egg and vanilla. Sprinkle bicarb and salt on top and gently stir in flour, do not overmix.
- In a small dish mix the cinnamon and sugar.
- Add half the loaf mix to the tin then sprinkle just over half the cinnamon mixture on top. Add the rest of the loaf batter and sprinkle the rest of the cinnamon swirl on top.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes, remove from oven and cool completely in the tin.